Friday, March 27, 2015

Guess my dreams aren't quite dead yet

My last writing was very therapeutic. It allowed me to put what I have been feeling for months down on paper (well kinda). I got it out and now I feel better, like I have been carrying a heavy weight that was just dragging me further and further down into the depths of self pity.

The burden has been lifted, and with it my head has suddenly become a lot clearer.

I love my wife. I love traveling while writing stories and taking pictures. For some reason I could not see a way to combine the two without putting a serious amount of stress on her.

But now, I can kind of see a way for it to happen.

First step: Sell everything I own that is not essential for me to have. Things I can’t/won’t be carrying with me when I travel anyway.

Step two: Use the money from selling everything to buy a tadpole trike, trailer, and supplies.

Step three: Start taking small trips on the trike (which is what I always planned to do to begin with, but for some reason I got it in my head that I was skipping this step and going right to being a world traveler.)

Step four: Work my way up to longer trips, such as from here to Portland, or Seattle.

Step five: Plan a month long trip down the Pacific Coast.

Step six: Recruit sponsors using my blogs and pictures from the smaller trips to show them that sponsoring me for a national or world tour would be feasible.

Step seven: Travel the world.

In my bout of depression and pity I had completely forgotten about the preparatory trips to get myself in shape. Which could easily take me a couple of years. And of course, anything could happen during the course of a couple of years. Hell, I could die on one of the smaller trips and then wouldn’t have to worry about what’s going to come, or maybe my lovely wife would join me and either learn to love that kind of life, or realize that I am a complete nut job that she is better off without.

I also complete forgot how just the small act of writing something down has the ability to pull me from the cycle of constantly overthinking something, and now you are all screwed because I need a forum for me to express my thoughts and this is the forum I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment